Legal Assistant/Collections Agent
email@example.com - 720-300-8414
The past 10 years my career has consisted of full cycle of bankruptcy paralegal, legal assisting, paralegal in law firm settings, customer service, collections, and sales, including compliance with key state and federal regulations, strong communication skills, ability to handle sensitive and confidential information as well as being a team-oriented leader that motivates members to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
Assurant Legal Services LLC - Denver, CO
April 2004 to Present
Owner and operator of contract paralegal Company.
Specialize in Chapter 7 & 13 Bankruptcy petition preparation for various law firms and pro se filers.
Use of ECF/PACER to file and track client’s cases.
Preparing Trustee information sheets
Drafting of Reaffirmation Agreements
Legal research, for, county, district, state and federal cases.
Interact with clients.
Marketing, Sales, Day to Day operation of company.
Legal Assistant/Collections Agent
Machol & Johanness LLC - Denver, CO
April 2013 to December 2013
Worked for debt collection law firm.
• Responsible for third party collections on various accounts in strict compliance with FDCPA & TCPA regulations
• Worked in a outbound and inbound call center
• Performed skip tracing
• Performed asset search and verification
• Responsible for garnishments, bank levy and civil litigation case filing, tracking and follow up.
Bankruptcy Paralegal & Petition Preparer
Law Offices of Custer Roberson LLP - Broomfield, CO
December 2011 to December 2012
Provided assistants for Chapter 7 & 13 bankruptcy cases
• Directed Client contact to gather needed documentation to compile, prepare and file Chapter 7 & 13 bankruptcy petitions
• Prepared bankruptcies using EZ File Bankruptcy Software
• Tracked petition status from beginning to 341 Hearing via ACT law firm software.
• Filed completed cases using ECF/PACER
• Completed trustee information sheets.
• Responsible for calendaring for attorney/client meetings and 341 hearings.
EOS CCA - Denver, CO
August 2011 to December 2011
Collected for various second and third party collection accounts.
• Processed payments from debtors calling in • Responsible for inbound and outbound calls to debtors
• Attended meeting monthly
• Adhered to daily goals.
• FDCPA compliance.
Default Collections Supervisor
Colorado Department of Higher Education - Denver, CO
August 2005 to January 2011
Supervisor of Collections Department for federal guarantor of student loans
• Trained new and current employees on new procedures, systems integration and policies in compliance with FDCPA & TCPA in addition to Federal Department of Education Guidelines governing federally regulated and guaranteed student loans.
• Worked directly with student loan lenders, schools and student borrowers
• Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports to be worked by team members.
• Answered borrowers emails, inbound & outbound calls
Associates in Paralegal Studies
ITT Tech - Aurora, CO
2006 to 2008
BA in Business Administration
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill, NC
1992 to 1996
General Studies Diploma in General Studies
Montbello High School - Denver, CO
1988 to 1992
• Ten years of legal assisting, paralegal work in law firm settings, customer service, collections, including business to business collections and sales experience specializing in working and supervising in high volume call center environments.
• FDCPA and TCPA Experience and Compliance Trainer
• Superior organizational and problem solving skills.
• Inbound and outbound call center experience
• Meeting quotas and deadlines
• Small business owner
• Marketing, promotion and sales experience.
• Chapter 7 & 13 Bankruptcy Paralegal and Petition Preparer
• EZ File Bankruptcy Software
• Best Case Bankruptcy Software
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint )
• ACT law firm Client/Attorney/ Paralegal Case Management System
• FACTS/Latitude/CUBS Collections Software
• Lexus Nexus
• WestLaw Database
• Skip Tracing