Vice President of Marketing at KPA (www.kpaonline.com) April 2009 – August 2013
KPA provides software and services to more than 5,100 car, truck, and equipment dealers and service companies.
Highlights of my responsibilities and achievements as Vice President of Marketing at KPA:
- Created a new marketing team and implemented an industry leading digital marketing strategy
- Executed demand generation and awareness programs helping the company double in size and entering the Inc.500/5000 in 2012: http://www.inc.com/profile/kpa
- Supported the acquisition of TK Carsites in October 2011 and integrated the company into KPA.
- Planned and executed the TK Carsites marketing strategy for the 1.5 year period leading to the acquisition.
- Planned and executed leading edge marketing best practices:
- Planned and executed multi-channel marketing strategy at less than half of the average B2B marketing budget (www.cmosurvey.org): email, direct mail, events, webinars, SEO, SEM, and alliance marketing.
- Implemented Open Source Website Content Management System, increasing website traffic 8-fold to 2,900+ pages.
- Implemented Search Engine Optimization strategy to KPA digital properties, resulting in 48% of website traffic coming from SEO.
- Implemented a unique webinars program with 106 webinars and 45+ speakers in 2012 resulting in more than 25,000 registrations (www.dealerwebinars.com).
- Implemented Eloqua as Marketing Automation Platform and got nominated for an Eloqua Markee Award for KPA’s unparalleled webinars program.
- Implemented lead management process between marketing, business development center, and direct sales using Eloqua and Salesforce.com.
- Implemented weekly programs with 30 channel marketing partners including events, webinars, website and newsletter content, email and direct mail.
- Received a Gold Key Award from the Colorado Business Marketing Association for Best Overal Marketing Program under $50,000.
Owner of Pegasus Customer Marketing (www.pegasus1on1.com) January 2009 – April 2009
Pegasus provides technology marketing services to enterprise software companies, creating and implementing marketing strategy, product positioning and go-to-market plans.
Infor Global Solutions (www.infor.com) 2006 – December 2008
Infor is the world's third largest business software company with 70,000 customers and $2.3 billion revenue in 2008. During my three years with Infor, the company increased almost four times in size through organic growth and 35 acquisitions.
Senior Director Industry and Product Marketing February – December 2008
Managing a global team of product marketing directors for all of Infor’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Performance Management (PM). Team responsibilities and achievements:
- Managed product lines contributing to over $500m in revenue.
- Launched multiple products in multiple markets worldwide. Strategic launches include Software as a Service (SaaS) products, Mid-Market products, and Green and Sustainability products.
- Raised public and analyst awareness and enhanced corporate image. 2008 activities include 53 press releases, hundreds of media hits quarterly, publication in more than a dozen Gartner Magic Quadrants, hosting 25 analysts at a user conference, and 20+ quarterly analyst briefings with analyst firms such as Gartner, AMR Research, Forrester, and IDC.
- Helped Sales to close business through sales calls and sales enablement: developed and delivered 140+ online sales training courses; trained 2100+ sales executives and partners in multiple global events. Delivered sales tools, presentations, collateral, white papers, customer case studies, competitive analysis, sales guides and other materials.
- Managed web-based marketing and supported regional lead generation campaigns with 29 marketing campaigns in the last quarter of 2008.
Director CRM Product Marketing August 2006 – February 2008
- Recognized CRM industry leader as one of the Top CRM influencers in 2007 along with Marc Benioff (Salesforce.com), Steven Woods (Eloqua) and Larry Ellison (Oracle): http://www.insidecrm.com/features/top-25-crm-influencers-121907,
- Supported the CRM business unit and sales objectives by launching the Infor CRM Epiphany product line, and successfully raising public and analyst awareness of the Epiphany brand.
- Created and implemented a multi-product / multi-market marketing strategy. Launched multiple products helping customers grow revenues in diverse industries including financial services, insurance, telecommunications, retail, distribution, hospitality, process and discrete manufacturing.
- Responsible for market research, strategy, positioning, branding, messaging, web-based marketing, global marketing programs, press and analyst relations, sales training, program design, planning and execution.
- Assisted sales teams globally, helping to close new business through participation in sales calls and the creation of sales tools
- Facilitated strategy meetings with blue chip companies such as America Express, Bell Canada, CDS, CSAA, Folksam, GAP, Harley Davidson, HSBC, Interval International, United Technologies, and USAA.
- Keynote speaker at events and webinars. Conducted big seminars and organized conferences.
- Build alliances with OEM and channel partners.
SSA Global (acquired by Infor in 2006) 2003 – 2006
SSA Global was a leading provider of extended enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions for manufacturing, services, and public organizations worldwide with revenues of $600 million annually. Its flagship products included BPCS, MasterPiece, PRMS, MAX International, Baan, Ironside Technologies, Elevon and EXE Technologies.
Director CRM Solutions Marketing
- Managed the integration of the marketing organization of market leading CRM and Marketing Automation vendor Epiphany (Nasdaq: EPNY) after SSA Global acquired the company in 2005 for $329 million.
- Managed global teams of marketing specialists in a matrix organization including marketing managers, public relations, analyst relations, technical writers, editors, web specialists, and product managers.
Baan Company (acquired by SSA Global in 2003) 1996 – 2003
Baan was one of the leading extended enterprise solution vendors in the market, along with JD Edwards, Oracle, PeopleSoft and SAP (Nasdaq: BAANF / LSE: ISYS)
Director, CRM Product Management & Product Marketing
- Overall responsibility of the product life cycle of all CRM products, including product vision, product strategy, market research, market sizing, market requirements definition, and product introduction.
- Managed a global team of product managers and marketers with locations in the USA, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
- Relocated from The Netherlands to the Colorado in August 2000 to manage product management and marketing of the independent CRM business unit from its global head-office.
- Managed the pre-acquisition analysis and integration of three acquisitions: Aurum (Sales Force Automation, California), Antalys (Engineering Configuration, Denver, Colorado) and Beologic (Sales Configuration, Denmark).
- Responsible for Baan’s product strategy, resulting in new product lines (Baan ERP LN, Baan eCommerce), acquisitions (Antalys, Aurum (Nasdaq: AURM), Beologic, Berclain, Caps Logistics, Coda Group (LSE: CDA)) and investments (TopTier, WebEx (Nasdaq: WEBX)).
- Responsible for consulting strategic and global customers such as Boeing, Andersen Windows, Flextronics, and Komatsu.
- Chief Architect for innovative solutions and technology for eCommerce, multi-site order management and resource planning, master data management, distributed applications, Open Architecture, sales and manufacturing configuration, leanware, dynamic enterprise modeling, and flow production/assembly.
Traveling, Asia 1995 – 1996
9 month backpacking through Asia “overland Netherlands to Australia”, traveling through 16 countries
Visiting Professor, Riga Business School, Latvia 1995
Developed and taught Executive MBA course in Logistics and Information Technology at the Executive MBA program of Riga Business School, contracted by Buffalo State University, New York
Consultant Distribution Logistics, AMT Ireland 1993 – 1995
Business Process Re-engineering in manufacturing and supply chain logistics.
Mary-Curie Research Fellow, CIM Research Unit, National University of Ireland 1993 – 1995
Awarded a European Union Marie-Curie Research Fellowship for research in Customer-Driven Manufacturing and One-of-a-kind Manufacturing as part the European Union research program "Towards the Factory of the Future"
Digital Equipment Corporation and Institute for Production & Logistics 1989 – 1993
Business Consulting in Business Process Re-design and optimization of manufacturing operations
Business Consultant at Bolesian Systems Europe 1988 – 1989
Education / Other
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering and Technology Management, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, 1993
M.Sc., Computer Science, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands, 1989
Co-author of the book "Customer Driven Manufacturing", Chapman & Hall, London, 1996.
Author of the book "Modular Design of Information Systems for Shop Floor Control", The Netherlands, 1993.
Top CRM 25 Influencers by InsideCRM http://www.insidecrm.com/features/top-25-crm-influencers-121907
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/timmermans