Mchael David Bird
901 Sherman Street, suite #724 Denver, Colorado, 80203
Michael@MBSearchConsulting.com phone 303-548-8078
Summary of Qualifications
- Enthusiastic and successful Staffing and Recruiting Professional specialized in talent sourcing for technology startups as well as Fortune 500 organizations.
- Superlative organizational image perspective, presentation, and negotiation skills. Extensively qualified in Human Resources, Customer Service, interpersonal communication, screening, interviewing, and Performance Management Training Development for Diversity and Inclusion.
- To be in a challenging environment where my sourcing and recruiting experience is maximized to positively impact the productivity and profitability of a dynamic organization.
SER Consulting Co. San Francisco, Ca. October 2012 - Present
SR. Sourcing Consultant
- Sourcing, and full cycle recruitment for bleeding edge technologists and C-Level positions.
- Typical education of sourced candidates: Ph.D.’s, MSCS, MSEE
- Typical disciplines of sourced candidates: Data Scientists * IT Infrastructure (ITIL) * Statisticians * Sentiment Analysis * Data Analysts * Machine Learning * NLU * AI * UX * Predictive Analysis * - .NET Framework * XML Web services * distributed components * database applications * QA * image/audio compression * game development * driver development
- Typical skillsets of sourced candidates: Java * C# * C++ * R * SAS * Python * PHP * Hadoop * Ruby on Rails * SQL and NoSQL
- · ATS Systems: LinkedIn, Kronos, ICIMS, APS
- Responsible for high volume sourcing projects and full cycle recruiting.
- Recent Sourcing and Recruiting Projects: Director IT Shared Services * VP End User Technology * VP Data Mining and Analytics * VP Emerging Products * VP Innovation and Strategic Partnerships CEMEA * VP Innovation EMEA * Back End Engineer * Sr. Front End UI Web Development * Country Controller SEA * VP DSO * VP Systems Architects * VP Data Science * Principle Researcher * FAE * Circuit Design
- Performance Management Talent Development
- Development of Diversity and Inclusion HRM best practice training modules: Authentic Leadership Training * Mitigating Interview Bias * Holistic and Mechanistic Candidate Screening * Diversity Management * Inclusion Program Development
- Current and Former Clients
- Search, and Recruiting Firms - References available upon request
- Responsible for business development, client management, technical sourcing, and training.
- Fortune 500 technology clients included: Apple Computer, DELL Computer, Sun Microsystems, HP, IBM, Oracle, Sybase, Intel, National Semiconductor, SCO, Xerox PARC, Fairchild, Lockheed, Accenture, Seagate, Western Digital, Xilinx, Motorola, Qualcomm
- Exclusively sourced technology candidates: 40% Semiconductor design engineers, 20% Process engineering, 15% SW/SQA engineers, 10% H/W development, 15% FAE, S/E, Sales and Marketing.
- Built first generation development teams for Intel P7, Pilot lines for National Semi, design recruiting strategy and staffed technology design teams for VC firms, including Mayfield Group
- Ranked Top 3 HR Vendors to DELL in 8 out of 17 categories for multiple years.
- Managed team of 20 full time employees providing direct sourcing, profiling, and recruiting.
- Complete responsibility for Project Management of 48 projects monthly adding 4000 detailed candidate profiles monthly; (new 80%, updated candidate profiles 20%).
- Designed a custom RDBMS for Applicant Tracking and profile containment.
- Grew the business from first client to explosive growth by the end of the first year. Never saw a flat year over the next decade.
- Responsible for Program Development and training in sourcing and recruitment. Developed 15 unique training modules.
MB Search Consulting, Denver, Co. April 2003 - Present
Director Full Cycle Recruiting and Sourcing
Peregrine Consulting Firm – San Francisco, Denver 1993 -2003
Sr. Director of Sourcing, Recruiting & Business Development
Additional Skills and Background
Regis University M.A. Qualitative Research/Anthropology (01/2016)
- Specialized in Corporate Ethnography, Focus Research Groups, Organizational Image Perspectives, Diversity Hiring Practices, and Inclusion Program Development
Regis University M. Ed Adult Andragogic Learning/Program Development (abt)
- Specialized in Small Group Development for Inclusion and Retention
Colorado Governors Board of Trade and Tourism – Branding Higher Education in Colorado
Board of Directors Black American West Museum – Branding and Fundraising
BirdHaus Media Director/Producer BirdhausMedia.com Ethnography and Digital Content Production
References available on request