Human Resources Manager
Lisa Young, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Denver, CO 80238
Senior Human Resource Professional
Energetic, versatile, and accomplished Human Resources Professional with more than 15 years of comprehensive human resources experience including recruitment and retention, conflict management, developing and implementing human resource strategies, labor relations and support to executive management. Proven experience collaborating with senior management to conduct Human Resources strategic planning in order to support and further corporate goals. Possess broad knowledge of human resources in a variety of sectors including human resources operations, acquiring talent, developing and implementing human resources policies/programs/procedures, administering compensation and benefits, performing employee corrective actions and conducting employee development and training. Areas of Expertise include:
ADP HRIS Oracle Taleo Applicant Tracking System Microsoft Office Suite SharePoint
Microsoft Publisher IBM Kenexa- CompAnalyst Navigate OT Cost Estimator OT Microsoft Project
Executed recruiting strategy for sales department to achieve a 100% growth initiative. (Westerra Credit Union)
Accomplished 83% win rate for unemployment insurance claims; 100% win rate UI appeal hearings. (Westerra Credit Union)
Renegotiation of vendor contract staffing premium resulting in a cost decrease of 16%. (Westerra Credit Union)
Reached highest overall rating regarding State Compliance Auditing. (Dallas ISD)
Obtained 100% balanced staffing budget for up to 40 business units with 1800 employees. (Dallas ISD)
Successfully served as a Level II Hearing Officer for the determination of policy compliance and received a favorable resolution of employee grievance cases with 0 over turns. (Dallas ISD)
Experience and Notable Contributions
WESTERRA CREDIT UNION · Denver · 2012 - Present
Senior Human Resource Generalist and Business Partner, 2014 – Present
Oversee human resource operational functions, including, but not limited to: business & HR strategy, employee relations, compensation management, talent acquisition and interim staffing, ADP HRIS administration, policy review and application, new hire onboarding and workforce planning, consulting with senior level management and producing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Consultative sessions with managers and employees.
- Facilitate annual performance appraisal review process; establish compensation guidelines based on rating.
- Execute effective recruiting strategies; oversees talent acquisition processes, and reviews credit, background, and bond-ability results for the selected candidates for hiring decisions.
- Accountable for selecting and negotiations of contracts with vendor partners.
- Collaborate with management to establish and revise job descriptions.
- Performs compensation benchmarking and salary structure review
- Researches labor market to establish compensation ranges and grades for positions.
- Authors and reviews employee disciplinary documents and personnel improvement plans.
- Investigates and resolves employee and labor relations matters, and conducts employee termination meetings.
- Handles product analysis and review for purchase recommendations of HRIS software and technology applications.
- Enterprise Projects: Project Lead for Employee Value Proposition, Employer Branding
- Achieved favorable win rate for unemployment claims.
Contract Recruiter, Human Resources, 2013 – 2014 | Recruiting Consultant, Human Resources, 2012 – 2014
Accomplished the full life cycle recruitment process for the organization, including pre-screening, interviewing, background checking and extending offers to selected candidates. Utilized information technology sourcing and recruitment strategies. Handled database development, business development, account and vendor management, and negotiations for an information technology staffing firm.
DALLAS ISD · Dallas, TX · 2000 – 2012
Manager, Human Resource, 2007 – 2012 | Supervisor, Human Resource, 2004 – 2007 | Staffing Specialist, 2000 – 2004
Spearhead the staffing, human capital management, budget alignment, policy exaction and preparation, and employee relations for more than 40 worksites and more than 1800 employees. Managed 4 staff members consisting of cross-functional human resources team inclusive of recruiting, staffing, compliance and records. Successfully delivered human resource operational support to managers in multiple locations, along with coaching and consulting on the interpretation and following of policies, procedures, laws, and regulations. Collaborated with executive management to drive key business functions and implement business initiatives, including the analysis of organizational needs and set direction for the team. Delivered policy design and implementation.
- Successfully managing human resources functions, including recruiting, hiring, employee orientation, employee transfers and employee separations.
- Executed and monitored compliance to policies, procedures, services, programs and operations.
- Dotted-line reports included benefits, payroll and compensation specialists.
- Handled site budget management to ensure fiscal fiduciary, budget realignments, and staff reassignments as needed.
- Reviewed all HRIS inputs for payroll, compensation, benefits and leaves.
- Carried out business analysis and end-user testing of new software applications.
- Implemented training plans and functioned as organizational change management facilitator.
- Accountable for establishing human resources process which was used for Budget Planning Conferences.
- Project Manager for transformational hiring project to decreased hiring forms and process time by 32%.
- Received member designation to Cross-Functional Team for projects.
- Oversaw the reduction-in-force policy as relating to company reorganization.
HOWARD SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL · Dallas, TX · 1997 – 1999
Information Technology Recruiting Manager
Education and Certifications
Bachelor of Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Society for Human Resource Management (SCP), 2015-Present
Certification, Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), 2006-Present
Certification, Professional in Human Resources (PHR), 2003-2006
Certified Targeted Selection Interviewer
Mediation and Conflict Resolution
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Cohort
Affiliations and Memberships
Mountain States Employers Council
Society for Human Resource Management
Mile High SHRM
MiCasa Advisory Council
McLean & Co- 2016 HR Whitepaper Contributor